“Sharing is what Nature teaches us, when we all share the Sun.”
What a coincidence it is, that the first time I’ve been nominated, has come from a blog that is visually charged up with multifarious interests apt to kids and titled ‘Know-It-All‘ because knowing-It-all is, indeed the hunger driving my life ! I am thankful to smarttoughmom for considering me worthy of this recognition, The Sunshine Blogger Award.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award ?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
This is what, I haven’t expected, my posts would fit into because I’m a beginner at blogging with a writing style apparently as arid as surmisal hypothesis on my multifarious contemplation about life, that only selective few might like reading and I have obstinately held on to such laconically pedagogic style. However, I needed this to express gratitude to the bloggers who have been Sunshines to me, just as the rule of award requires new nominations.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their blog posts.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
Being interviewed like a celebrity with a questionnaire, certainly is a brilliant idea that WordPress has come up with, to invigorate this blogosphere. After all, all of us have something to say, to listen, to share with the world.
The 11 Questions –
by smarttoughmom to me :
1) How many books have you read in your lifetime ?
I love this question, appropriate for a bookish ! Sampling a rack and integrating over bookshelves, I estimate around 120 outside curricula. But, I’m too “busy” (read “lazy”) to reach the last page of all books.
2) What is your favourite book ?
Why does the word ‘favourite’ mostly appear in singular ?! So here’s a plurality of book.
Non-fiction : Godel, Escher, Bach by Douglas R. Hofstadter
Fiction : The Mammoth Book of Extreme Fantasy by anthologist Mike Ashley
3) Do you believe in ghosts ?
Hmm. Is it a coincidence or have you sighted the secret ghost in my posts ?! Human life hops by the letters from ghost. I’d want to believe in them because that is, evidence of spirits and souls, especially of loved ones.
4) Have you ever experienced any paranormal activity ?
During a power outage, a loud repeating screeching noise, unheard ever before or after the incident, called out from the immediately next dark empty room and surprisingly responded promptly to the addressing “Ghost, come here”/”Ghost, go away” that was originally meant to frighten my timidity but ended up in frightening all. Was that an accidental planchette ?!
5) How many languages do you speak ?
Four. However, memory is rendering them useless because my focus is more on studying linguistic structures of a language, mainly in a naive attempt to design universal alphabets which, I’m sure, would be a task left incomplete.
6) Do you sing ?
Yes, I can sing fairly enough with an echoic range but only of songs confined to my natural vocal limits. My best genre is humming soundtracks and usual stage is bathroom.
7) What will you do for Halloween ?
Indulge myself in a treat of special chocolates, dark and bitter, that’s always been mine, solely mine because no one else likes bitter. Actually, I’m not fond of nightly ceremonials and love to spend holidays inside home with books and family. An odd one, I am !
8) Do you often visit a museum ?
A museum is a mesmerizer where I carry a notebook to pen down the effervescence of everything I watch, but once I extract its essence and identify the pointers to next level (if any), I tend to not repeat visits.
9) What countries would you like to visit ?
Atlantis is resting in sea and Asgard is lost in sky, but there’s one I’m overwhelmed with, that is alive on map and brewing its charm – the land of pyramids and Sphinx – Egypt. I actually prefer travelling inward to outward (more mental than physical), for the world is isotropically homogenous, once we realize the similarities more than the differences.
10) What is your favourite TV show and why ?
Directed by Chuck and played by Winchesters – Supernatural, is my favourite show. Befriending an “Angel of the Lord” in a trenchcoat is definitely a cynosure.
11) Do you cook or bake a cake ?
Foody questions are never fair ‘coz this reminds but not provides – the vanilla aroma from the undergoing hot bake of fluffy swelling cake. Now I’ll have to get myself a delicious Dundee cake.
Wonder why the train stops at number 11 ! Clearly, it is my turn now, to set up 11 players to catch the answers of new 11 nominees.
The 11 Questions –
by me to nominees :
- Where would you like to spend your vacations – seas, deserts, icy mountains, forests or cities ?
- If you have time machine to visit world history, which era would you choose ?
- What do you like the most – listening to music, or watching a drama, or reading a fiction ?
- What do you prefer – onion or garlic or none ?
- In three words, define what you mean by a successful person.
- Do you perform better or worse, under more stress ?
- If you are given a second chance to study at school but only one subject, what would you opt for ?
- What kind of nonfiction do you like to read ?
- If you were a superhero, what super power would you wish to have ?
- In three words, express how you’d like to identify yourself.
- What does blogging mean to you ?
At last, the time has come. Hopefully, I have been able to rightly depict my acknowledgement for each of the eleven sunshines.
..And the nominations are :
- The Grief Reality – gradually rendering the human meaning of sunshine
- Hints to the Ancient Wisdom – interpreting ancient profundity including Egyptian, Sanskrit etc.
- L&D Diary of Creative Insights – articulating poetic depths of mind thru’ charismatic quotes
- A Writer’s Existence – imagining dark and daring fictions fearlessly
- Troy Headrick guest posts @ Pointless Overthinking – inspiring introspections on quotidian matters remarkably
- Snippets of Snapdragon – radiating high spirits of bold happiness
- The Platonic Realm – examining curious philosophy with scientific outlook
- Professional Lessons – extracting lessons from multiple successful personalities
- Afterthought – pouring out emotions into poetry naturally
- Exhibit Five – posting, not typical blogs but, educational essays with references
- Brian’s Blog – ending every flash fiction with an absolute awe
Thus ends this post here, while I realize that, it is elevenfold joyful to spotlight bloggers in this theatre of WordPress !!